E-shop SEO Tips
You just created your e-shop? But, you get no traffic? Here is what to do, if you want to improve in Search Engines results and rank higher than your competitors on Google.
Put your e-commerce site to the top with the following steps. Avoid common pitfalls and end the period of losing clicks, that drive you on losing sales.
Before anything else, in order to setup your store, you need to have a domain name, web hosting, and a SSL certificate. You can read more at WPBeginner. Before opening your e-shop, add:
- contact us page
- cookies notification
- and index your site at Google Webmasters
In case you feel that all these sounds like an alien language, then reach out an eShop Expert at Kryptton or IdeaDeco or FixMyWP.
The SEO List
The most important factor for building a strong and solid e-shop is RESEARCH.
- Keyword and competitor research.
- Find keywords for your homepage and product pages.
- Keep them organized by product, page and use.
- Separate popular keywords from long tail keywords.
- Do not overuse the keyword again, and again, and again!!!
- Define which keywords your competitors use (it is a good idea to install the Free Moz Toolbar).
- Track down from where your competitors get their inbound links.
- Make a keyword lake for your Blog posts (yes, you must have a blog).
- Pay attention to the site architecture. UX & UI are crucial. If you have noticed that between your competitors, certain structure helps to make more sales, then go for it. Save time and money by choosing the winning model.
- Now focus on how to make your site look much friendlier and appealing to prospect customers. Is it photos? Colors? Background? Testimonials? Easy & clear steps?
- Define your target group.
- Make a calendar for your actions plan and keep it.
- If your site is on air, then spot any site errors and write down all given suggestions.(ask kryptton experts)
- Fix any website speed issues. (ask FixMyWp experts)
- Keep it mobile friendly. Check your website at Google. It offers a free report: See What To Fix for each section.
- Do on page optimization regularly:
- Site structure: excellent architecture can affect your website’s usability and sales. Keep it simple, clean, easy to navigate, use breadcrumbs, use logical thinking and run a lot of A/B testings.
- Usability is all about fun & easy user experience. Make as fewer steps as possible for all aspects of your site.
- Rich snippets have a huge impact on a website’s rankings. To learn how to set them, read Google guides. To check your rich snippets visit Google tester.
- On-page keyword optimization includes: page title (keep it relevant), headers + typography, subheaders, paragraphs, text size (300 words), short sentences, product descriptions, image file names (keep it relevant), image alt, tags, categories, meta title+description, URLs, set featured image, great 2-5 photos.
- Internal linking helps you to establish your own anchor text. It is a good practice for boosting your ranking for your top keywords.
- You must have a mobile-friendly version of your site if you want to find more customers. Hire an expert developer for building the best possible results.
- Customer’s reviews are the top marketing strategy you can have for free. Ask from your clients to write a review and give them a reward for that.
- You need Social Media integration from day 1. Set up your Social Media accounts, name them and set the URLs according to your brand and start using them even before the launching/opening day of your e-shop. Social Media are growing your community, engaging with customers, and are perfect for sharing your content. All the above impact your SEO and sales.
- Photos must be clear, solid, with a professional eye and should have all the appropriate descriptions.
Next level SEO
Testing should become your second nature. Every week you have to test absolutely every single page of your site. This is how:
- Google Analytics
- PPC campaigns
- A/B testing
- Search from different browsers and devices
Blog content must be relevant to your products and should add value to your products. If you can not write your digital content then find experienced copywriters or bloggers and build a balanced synergy with them. Same goes with newsletter and email marketing. Of course, professionals can save you time, effort and a lot of money if you want to have results as soon as possible.
The value of links
If you have done all the above, here comes the last step: high-quality link building. Concentrate quality and avoid quantity! Google is very strict about this. It can penalize your site if you have too many poor inbound links. Choose only top authority websites to link with (use Moz’s toolbar) and be extremely picky.
Use your Local cart
If you are a local business then you should use all the given opportunities to rank high in local searches. Submit your business to all major directories and as many niche directories. Remember that they must be relevant to your business. Don’t forget to use location-based keywords in all of your descriptions, only if it is appropriate.
Bonus SEO tools
It is good to have as many digital “eyes” as possible. So you can try these SEO tools, too:
SEO moz Keyword Tool
Open Site Explorer
Google AdWords Keyword Tool
Interesting Articles about SEO
The content of this post is not sponsored directly or indirectly. The expressed opinion and suggestions are formed after my personal use of the referral links.